The diocese was established in 1913 when it was divided from the Diocese of Calgary (which in turn had been divided from the Diocese of Saskatchewan in 1888). The following year, the Synod of the Diocese of Edmonton (our governing body) was incorporated by the Alberta legislature.

Video: Edmonton Diocese Centennial

Bishops of the Edmonton Diocese:

2008 - present
The Right Reverend Dr. J. Alexander

1997 – 2007
The Right Reverend V. Matthews

1988 – 1996
The Right Reverend K. L. Genge

1980 – 1987
The Right Reverend E. K. Clarke

1976 – 1979
The Right Reverend J. A. Langstone

1962 – 1976
The Right Reverend W. G. Burch

1954 – 1961
The Right Reverend H. H. Clark

1941 – 1954
The Right Reverend W. F. Barfoot

1932 – 1940
The Right Reverend A. E. Burget

1914 – 1931
The Right Reverend H. A. Gray

“In Their Faithful Footsteps” – profiles the nine former bishops of the Anglican Diocese of Edmonton