The Indigenous Ministries team of the Edmonton diocese invites parishes to participate in Orange Shirt Day (September 30) by wearing an orange shirt on Sunday, September 27, while praying for residential school survivors and the children who did not make it home.
There are many ways you and your parish can take part in Orange Shirt Day. Here are a few ideas:
- Decorate orange t-shirts ahead of time - this could be done together safely by physical distancing, or distribute t-shirts to families to decorate on their own and include a summary of Phyllis Webstad's story;
- Do a video of why Orange Shirt Day is important to your parish and community;
- Share your video on social media @DioEdm#OrangeShirtDay#YegAnglican;
- Ask your community leaders, council members, faith leaders, teachers, etc, to do the same;
- Have someone do a video reading Phyllis’s Orange Shirt or The Orange Shirt Story and share it on social media. (You can find these books at your local library or bookstore or on Amazon.)