St. John the Evangelist Anglican Church in Edmonton is looking to appoint a new children and families' minister. Is this you?
Do you know and love the Lord and have a passion for children to come to know the Lord you love? If so, perhaps the Lord is leading us to you and you to us.
As we discern together the Lord’s will, within this ministry and our larger church and community, it will help you to know that we believe God is calling a lay or ordained person who fits this description:
● A loving person, who is genuinely enthusiastic for the potential and the value of all children, and who relates to the children in their care with gentleness and consistency.
● A prayerful person, who not only finds prayer sustaining and nourishing in their own life, but also in prayer with others.
● A relational person, who is approachable, who is comfortable building relationships and is at ease with a range of people that is diverse not just in age – children, parents, grandparents – but also in their way of life and walk with God.
● A systematic person, who is competent, creative, organised and reliable in the tasks they are called upon to undertake.
● A ‘biblical’ person who is theologically thoughtful, who takes the Bible seriously as God’s Word, is orthodox in theology, and has a passion to teach children about the God whom the Bible reveals.
● A self-aware person, able to handle conflict and take care of themselves within the demanding rhythm of life that is required to be a children and families minister at St. John’s.
This is a paid position, for 18 hours per week.
Is this something Jesus might be calling you to? If so, or you would like more information and to see the job description, please contact the Ven. Richard King at firstname.lastname@example.org