Good times in God’s presence were enjoyed by the community gathered at St. Augustine’s Old Canterbury Pub on Saturday evening, September 21.
Craft beer, karaoke, pub food, conversation and the talents of deejay the Rev. Canon Dr. Scott Sharman (is there anything the Edmonton diocese’s ecumenical coordinator won’t do for community?!) made for a fantastic kick-off to the east Edmonton parish’s LED upgrading project.
“I am always amazed that people actually sing and Jodi Howard's acappella rendition of Queen's "We are the Champions" was pretty amazing,” said St. A’s rector the Rev. Jonathan Crane who wrote a reflection on pub night. “We were very pleased and people want to do it again. We are considering doing a Mardi Gras repeat.”
Pictured (in no particular order):
- Surprise birthday celebration for St. A’s honorary assistant the Rev. Dan Ash and Pat Jameson
- “The Gambler” Scott Sharman knows you gotta play the game right
- Organizers Jonathan Crane and Joyce Taylor draw for the door prize – two Diocese of Edmonton Centennial beer glasses
- Jorgan and Jonathan belt out “Livin’ on a Prayer” with nearly as much enthusiasm as Bon Jovi
- Gail Gravelines and June Greig tally up the proceeds for LED upgrades
- Phyllis Molyneux and Megan Crane with an impressive offering of craft beer and pub snacks
- Travis Enright, Joyce Taylor and Doris Harris share a laugh